Monday, March 16, 2009

My CPA Journey

Hi! My name is Rebekah and I am a Senior Accounting Major at
THE Ohio State University.

I just finished my winter quarter here and I am one quarter away from walking across the stage, or I guess football field in my case. Although going to the largest school in the country means that my family won't hear my name be called and most likely won't even be able to find me among the thousands of other graduates, I do walk away with my actual diploma which is pretty sweet. Anyway I could talk about how incredibly AWESOME Ohio State is all day, but I will leave that for another time. Go Bucks!

My blog is going to be about the road to getting my CPA in Maryland, because as much as I love Ohio, I actually have a job offer back at home in Maryland so best to take the exam there.

I’ve actually been going down the road for a couple of years now, since deciding that the CPA credential is a must for my career. One thing I’ve had to pay attention to is the different requirements each state has to take the exam. So, it is a “uniform” exam, meaning the content is the same, but every state board evidently decides what you need to have to take the exam (how many credits, what general courses, what specific courses, experience, etc.). Can be confusing and can change too. I am student member of the MACPA and they do a great job of keeping me up on these things. Thanks MACPA!

I want my blog to not only keep you updated on my journey but to help you or yours, or perhaps remind you of yours. So if you are a CPA, on the journey like I am, or just mildly interested in Accounting, I invite you to read and let me know what you thinking of my musings.

With that I will conclude my first post, but not before a little comic relief . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnA9Lu58oHc

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, Rebekah! Can't wait to read more about your journey. Keep us posted. In the meantime, would you mind if I added your blog to the blogroll at CPASuccess.com?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bekah,
    This is fabulous! I like your breezy, informal style and your underlying seriousness. I know you will have insights that will be valuable to your peers and those who are pondering a plunge into the CPA field. I can't wait to hear about your path to the CPA step by step. And thanks for the plug for our TCPA program!

    ReplyDelete